FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GEOMETIX INTERNATIONAL LLC, ANNOUNCES PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING FOR MAGNEBLOCKS™


BROOKFIELD, CT--(NOVEMBER 22, 2006) Geometix International, LLC, wants to remind consumers that the MagneBlocks™ line of magnetic construction toys does contain small magnets that, in the event of coming out, may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. While this type of product failure has never been reported in MagneBlocks™, it is a theoretical possibility. In order to be proactive in preventing any potential health risks, Geometix International has updated warning labels and is constantly evaluating its product with respect to this potential risk. The risk is primarily with toddlers, who should not be playing with these toys to begin with. Children three years and under have a tendency to put everything in their mouth, and should a magnet come out and get swallowed, it could be fatal. In the event that magnets (or any small part or pieces) are swallowed, seek immediate medical care, even if no choking has occurred. Also, make sure any and all children in your household are instructed as to the proper use of MagneBlocks™, and be vigilant when young children are present.
If you determine that a magnet has come out, discontinue use immediately. You may send it to Geometix International for a replacement part. For an example of the new warning label, please click here.

# # #

 

copyright 2002-2007 Geometix International all rights reserved